Since 1981, the University of Michigan School of Dentistry's Community Dental Center, has collaborated with the City of Ann Arbor to address the unique needs of individuals including those limited by finances and physical challenges. Our experienced, caring staff provides the highest level of comprehensive dental care so that our patients may achieve and maintain optimal oral health and dignity. Our team includes staff dentists with over 40 years of combined experience, hygienists, dental assistants and pre-doctoral dental and dental hygiene students from the University of Michigan School of Dentistry. We strive to provide a relaxing atmosphere for personalized care, with the goal of achieving your best dental health and smile.
To schedule an appointment, please call 734-998-9640.
How will my donation help?
- Support the operating cost of our 501(c) (3) community dental clinic.
- Contribute to our Financial Assistance Program. The program helps residents of Ann Arbor and Washtenaw County afford comprehensive oral health care. The determination for financial assistance is based up family size and current income.
- Contribute to a special COVID-19 Relief Grant (available now)
Community Dental Center is a full service dental office and offers:
- Examination and x-rays
- Teeth cleaning
- Esthetic dentistry, tooth whitening, veneers
- Periodontics (gum) treatment
- Oral surgery and extractions
- Evaluations of oral lesions
- Bite guards
- Emergency services
As part of the University Of Michigan School Of Dentistry all dental specialties are available.
WHAT TO BRING TO YOUR FIRST APPOINTMENT
- Current state-issued or picture identification
- Dental insurance card
- A list of current prescription and over the counter medications
- Name and address of an emergency contact
- Registration Form
- Health History Form
- Teledentistry Consent Form
- Consent Form
- CDC Student Form
- Authorization to Release Form
- Temporary Consent Form for Adults with a Guardian and Minors - Are you bringing someone who has a guardian that is not available for the appointment? Ask the guardian to complete this information so you can bring it to the patient's appointment.
If you are accompanied by a family member or friend and would like that person to be involved in discussing your care, please print, complete and return the Family Members and Friends Involved In Discussing Patient Care Form.
Please print, complete and bring to your appointment the first 4 forms above and any other additional form(s) that apply. Do not email forms to the Community Dental Center email address.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- A comprehensive examination and health history
- A full mouth series of radiographs (If you are in discomfort the dental staff will take specific films so the dentist/student can focus on the area of concern.)
Note:If you have had x-rays taken at another office, bitewing films - less than one year and/or a full mouth series of films - less than 5 years, you will need to have the previous office email the films to email@example.com
- Discussion of a treatment plan with the dentist that addresses your chief concern
- Assistance from our front desk support to coordinate dental benefits and copays and schedule future appointments
FEES AND PAYMENT OPTIONS
Community Dental Center accepts most insurance plans including Medicaid. Additionally, we offer a tiered fee structure through services by our pre-doctoral dental students.
MEET THE STAFF
406 North Ashley Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
734-998-9640 | Fax: 734-998-9647
The following clinics are located at the same address, on the basement level:
Delta Dental Integrated Special Care Clinic - 734-763-6933 or 888-707-2500
Oral Surgery West - 734-764-1568 | Hospital Dentistry - 734-936-5950
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday - Thursday: 8am - 5pm
Friday: 8am - 1pm